The Rajasthanis Abroad Youth Samaj, or RAYS, was created in early 2005 to form connections among Marwari youth living in North America through shared culture and heritage. Since its inception, RAYS has coordinated numerous regional and national events that have allowed the Marwari youth to develop their cross cultural identity by meeting peers and experiencing Marwari culture on a relatable level. RAYS maintains a strong collaborative relationship with the Maheshwari Mahasabha of North America (MMNA).
The mission of RAYS and its programming endeavors is to foster and grow a community of young (21 to 35 years of age) Marwaris. We hope to strengthen existing friendships and create new ones, anchored in our shared heritage. Together, we hope to explore our culture, network professionally, and of course, have a good time!
On this website you'll be able to: learn more about the Rajasthani youth community in North America, re-experience past events by browsing through photo galleries, and register for upcoming events!
Also, a special thank you goes to Kaushlesh Biyani for allowing RAYS to manipulate a graphic he designed into the new RAYS logo!
Have comments, questions, or just want to say hi? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Board of RAYS serves in a number of capacities including:
- • Serving as the primary liaison between the Maheshwari Mahasabha of North America ("MMNA") and RAYS membership
- • Planning and execution of biannual Marwari Youth Reunions ("MYRs")
- • Creating youth-focused programming at biannual International Maheshwari Rajasthani Conventions ("IMRCs")
- • Fostering professional networking among RAYS members
- • Aiding regional RAYS chapters in organizing local events throughout the year
Planning for larger events such as biannual MYRs and IMRCs is done with the help of committees that are formed on a volunteer basis for each event. To join the Executive Board, a RAYS member must serve on one of these committees and complete an application.